2017 Coffin Race Rules
- Minimum age for drivers and pushers is 12.
- All drivers must wear a helmet.
- All cars must have functional brakes and steering throughout the race. If your brakes or steering become inoperable, you must correct prior to your next scheduled heat. If you are still making repairs when you are scheduled to race, there will be a 15-minute time limit to finish repairs. If you are not race ready by the 15-minute mark, your team must forfeit.
- Total car length may not exceed 12 feet. That includes the push bar if you’re using one. For example, the length from the nose of your car to the end of the push bar may not exceed 12 feet.
- **All teams are now guaranteed two races. The entire field will race twice and we will take your best time — the Top 32 teams advance to the tournament.**
- Foot faults: Your pusher’s foot may not cross the starting line, even for momentum. If your pusher foot-faults on one of your two guaranteed races, the non foot-fault race time will be your official time. If you foot-fault on both of your guaranteed races, you’re eliminated. If you make it into the tournament and you foot-fault, you’re eliminated.
- You may not utilize a “pusher catcher” at the starting line. No one from your team other than the driver and pusher may be present at the starting line. Teams are allowed one pusher, per coffin, per heat.
- If you have more than one driver at a time, all drivers must cross the finish line to get your official time.
- No pedals.
- Intentional lane crossing is grounds for disqualification. That means no ramming or steering in front of your competitor.
- Each driver and pusher must sign the Waiver and Release Agreement prior to the race.
- $80 entry fee per team. Maximum: 70 teams.
- DEADLINE for entry: October 7, 2017
- In order to complete check-in on the day of the race, each car will undergo an inspection by race officials to ensure the guidelines above are met. If the Pit Crew Boss see something at check-in that is questionable (dangerous to other racers and attendees; stabby things, etc) your car will be subject to modification before the race starts.
The Coffin Races will take place on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from Noon-4 p.m.
We will have a REQUIRED pre-race meeting on October 12th, 6 p.m. at Eastside Denton to go over rules and answer questions. Each team must send a representative to this meeting.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
By submitting the following form, you are agreeing to the rules listed above.